It’s that time of year again; the halls are being decked, gaudy jumpers are being primed from their annual appearance, and the assorted Failed Critics writers, podcasters, and long-suffering listeners/readers are putting together their end-of-year lists. Ding dong merrily on high!
Please use the form below to submit your choices, and the only rule is…THERE ARE NO RULES!
Wait, we’ve been told that there are apparently a few rules.
- For a film to be eligible it must have received a public cinematic release (or VOD premiere) in the UK during 2014. Votes for films that have only so far received festival releases may be counted, but are unlikely to claim enough votes to make the final list anyway.
- Please submit votes for all categories in order.
- You do not have to submit the full compliment for each category (you may for example only nominate one documentary), and you may ignore any category you wish.
- Your email will be used purely for administration purposes, and will not be shared or sold with any other party. The email will be deleted once the awards have been announced.
- Voting closes at 5pm on Monday 22nd December 2014
2013 Failed Critics Awards
Top Ten(ish) Films of the Year:
1. CLOUD ATLAS
3. Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
4. Django Unchained
5. Pacific Rim
6. The Way, Way Back
7. Les Miserables
8. Iron Man 3
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
=10. Blue is the Warmest Colour / The World’s End / Rush
Tom Hanks (Captain Phillips)
Adèle Exarchopoulos (Blue is the Warmest Colour)
Best Film not in the English Language
Blue is the Warmest Colour
2012 Failed Critics Awards
Top 10 Films of the Year
1. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
3. The Dark Knight Rises
5. The Raid
7. The Intouchables
9=. Rust & Bone
9=. Safety Not Guaranteed
9=. 21 Jump Street
Omar Sy (The Intouchables)
Emmanuelle Riva (Amour)
Best Foreign Language Film
The Dark Knight Rises – Hans Zimmer
Dreams of a Life